About Me

My photo
I live on purpose. Meaning, I have a purposeful life. Nearly 28 years in every branch of the United States Army. Successful business owner, Avid student, Insightful teacher, Staunch Advocate, Fierce competitor and overall Social butterfly. I am a full-time teacher and student, I give as good as I get while continually evolving into what I will actually be known and remembered for once I no longer grace the visible plane. Learning vicariously through the actions of others has served me well, and helped me to get immersed in a vast arena of pursuits over the years. I cherish my internal solitude, while nourishing my social butterfly nature. I simply. . . AM! As said by Yoda. . . Do, or do not do. There is no try. So, Eat live to live well, sing like you're in the shower, dance like no ones watching, love like you've never been hurt and eat the rainbow without counting calories.

Saturday, April 18, 2020

SMOKED TOFU makes good things BETTER

I love this recipe from Casa de Sante


Ingredients:
350 g firm tofu
150 ml dark gluten free soy sauce
1 teaspoon @casadesante organic bbq coffee rub
1 tbsp garlic oil
2 tbsp maple syrup
To serve:
cooked noodles
baby spinach
beans (canned butter beans or black beans)
cherry tomatoes
fresh parsley
lemon sliced
sesame seeds
Method:
Slice tofu into 5mm thin slices. Make the marinade. In a bowl combine soy sauce, bbq coffee rub, oil and maple syrup. Add in the tofu slices and leave to marinate for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 180C and spray a baking tray with oil. Arrange tofu slices on the prepared baking tray and bake for 15 minutes. Take out from the oven and don’t turn the heat off. Flip each tofu slice and brush with a little marinade. Pop the tray back in the oven and bake for another 10 minutes or until crispy brown.

**The tofu can also be marinated and dehydrated to set the flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment