- 1 bunch raw kale, washed, de-stemmed and dried
- 2 Tablespoons tahini (this can be lessened or omitted)
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar (or water)
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons Bragg’s liquid aminos
- 4 Tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (1 – 2 cloves of garlic)
- sesame seeds, to taste as garish (optional)
- Break or cut kale into bite size pieces and place in a large ziplock bag.
- Puree all ingredients except kale and sesame seeds in a blender or food processor to blend the dressing.
- Pour dressing into bag with kale, pressdown and remove excess air and zip closed. Massage the bag well until all pieces of kale are coated. massaging and squeezing will allow kale to break down and appear as cooked once served
- Let the bag sit in the fridge for an hour or so to marinate. You can skip this step if you need to eat right away, but allowing some time to marinate will add to the wilt from massaging the kale.
- Sprinkle on some sesame seeds before serving if so desired.
~thinly sliced red onion brings in a beautiful color
~thin rings from the small multi colored sweet peppers
~broccoli slaw (bagged shreaded broccoli stems)
~halved or quartered grape/cherry tomatoes
~smokehouse black pepper for a garlicky/smoky flavor and delightful smell
~Worcestershire sauce about a teaspoon
~minced garlic added to the bag (for that True Garlic Bite)
Now these are added in as a single item or maybe a couple to add to the overall serving presentation. I invite you to experiment and make this your own.