About Me

My photo
I live on purpose. Meaning, I have a purposeful life. Nearly 28 years in every branch of the United States Army. Successful business owner, Avid student, Insightful teacher, Staunch Advocate, Fierce competitor and overall Social butterfly. I am a full-time teacher and student, I give as good as I get while continually evolving into what I will actually be known and remembered for once I no longer grace the visible plane. Learning vicariously through the actions of others has served me well, and helped me to get immersed in a vast arena of pursuits over the years. I cherish my internal solitude, while nourishing my social butterfly nature. I simply. . . AM! As said by Yoda. . . Do, or do not do. There is no try. So, Eat live to live well, sing like you're in the shower, dance like no ones watching, love like you've never been hurt and eat the rainbow without counting calories.

Sunday, March 9, 2014

Way Number two to Ditch the Poo



Wash your hair with a shampoo replacement.
  • For curly or wavy hair that isn't oily: Distribute a conditioner on your entire scalp and massage your scalp with the tips of your fingers. This will cleanse the scalp of any dirt and get rid of dandruff. Then rinse thoroughly. You only need to do this step every other day to once a week.
  • For straight hair or hair that's oily: Consider using home remedies in place of harsh shampoos. All of these still may be a little drying to the hair so be sure to condition afterwards.
    • Baking Soda Mix: Baking soda is also known as sodium bicarbonate. It is sold in most supermarkets, health food stores and similar places. Before showering, combine one tablespoon baking soda with one cup warm or hot water in a plastic bottle and shake thoroughly. Work into the hair and comb through. Rinse thoroughly with water then follow with a vinegar rinse to condition your hair.
    • 'Apple Cider Vinegar or Distilled White Vinegar Rinse: This of course, smells like vinegar. Don't worry though; once you have rinsed your hair the smell will go away. If it doesn't, you are using too much vinegar. Combine one to two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with one cup water in plastic bottle. Work into the hair and comb through. Rinse thoroughly.
    • Lemon Juice: Combine the juice of one lemon with an equal amount of your normal or home made conditioner. Work into the hair and if you can, comb through. If not, simply rinse thoroughly.

No comments:

Post a Comment