About Me

My photo
I live on purpose. Meaning, I have a purposeful life. Nearly 28 years in every branch of the United States Army. Successful business owner, Avid student, Insightful teacher, Staunch Advocate, Fierce competitor and overall Social butterfly. I am a full-time teacher and student, I give as good as I get while continually evolving into what I will actually be known and remembered for once I no longer grace the visible plane. Learning vicariously through the actions of others has served me well, and helped me to get immersed in a vast arena of pursuits over the years. I cherish my internal solitude, while nourishing my social butterfly nature. I simply. . . AM! As said by Yoda. . . Do, or do not do. There is no try. So, Eat live to live well, sing like you're in the shower, dance like no ones watching, love like you've never been hurt and eat the rainbow without counting calories.

Saturday, November 6, 2010

The Un-cooked Truth

Choosing a lifestyle of eating uncooked foods for their nutritional value is totally not appreciated by the masses.  I've had experiences that have gone from the crazy looks, flat out ignorant comments to people pleading for my advice when they get told they have a disease and they will die sooner than they planned or have to get something cut off.

I attended a seminar with David Avocado Wolfe and he said that "You know we have really gone too far when people are advised by their medical doctor to cook lettuce in order to eat it".  

Similarily, I read just today a warning that "If one would change to a un-cooked diet of fruit, vegetables, seeds, nuts and berries, that they should see their Medical doctor for tests to determine how deficient in nutrients they are after eating such a way."  I thought I would scream with amazement..

The truth is if you are in a place where your health and daily function is physically, mentally, spiritually and emotionally intact and complete, then keep on trucking.  Do you to the fullest.  However, if you have nagging aches and pains, allergy symptoms, overuse ailments, profound health issues, weight gain or unexplained loss.  If you have trouble sleeping or waking up rested...then maybe you might give un-cooking a chance.  The only thing you have to lose is preservatives, artificial ingredients, and colors; plastics, calories, mucus, pus, and the random killing of what we call livestock.

Start out slowly.  A smoothie mixed with fruit, nuts and vegetables.  Sprinkle in a little wheat germ or marine phytoplankton with a base of natural green tea or raspberry leaf tea....and VOILA!! an amazing nutritional meal, in moments for pennies.  Okay, nickels or dimes probably.

BlueBerry Smoothie
4 brazil nuts (soaked)
12 almonds (soaked)
2 cups distilled or filtered water
2 soaked dates
1 cup frozen organic or fresh blueberries
1 large banana
1 medium apple
1 medium zucchini
1/2 tablespoon cold pressed flaxseed oil
2 tablespoons of a super green powder of your choice

If you have a high speed blender then you an add all items, blend till smooth and serve.  If not then you will need to place the nuts, water and soaked dates in the blender first. Blend well and and put the resulting liquid through a strainer. Return strained liquid to the blender and add the other ingredients (chopped), blend well till you have a fabulous smoothie.  Drink and enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment