About Me

My photo
I live on purpose. Meaning, I have a purposeful life. Nearly 28 years in every branch of the United States Army. Successful business owner, Avid student, Insightful teacher, Staunch Advocate, Fierce competitor and overall Social butterfly. I am a full-time teacher and student, I give as good as I get while continually evolving into what I will actually be known and remembered for once I no longer grace the visible plane. Learning vicariously through the actions of others has served me well, and helped me to get immersed in a vast arena of pursuits over the years. I cherish my internal solitude, while nourishing my social butterfly nature. I simply. . . AM! As said by Yoda. . . Do, or do not do. There is no try. So, Eat live to live well, sing like you're in the shower, dance like no ones watching, love like you've never been hurt and eat the rainbow without counting calories.

Saturday, February 12, 2011

STUTTGART not so in the RAW! We can change this!

I've been here a little over a year and how the time has flown by.  I named this blog "Raw While Serving Overseas because I just want to encourage people to do better when they have the opportunity and to show that although it is not EASY to be raw in a meat eating military community, it's not impossible either.  The key is simply, simplify, simplify, simplify.  Make simple dietary lifestyle choices. 

Plan ahead and whatever you do - do not rely on the profit necessity of fast (non) food to dictate to you your health and wellness.  You can live well and eat live food.  You can be SuperCharged while REVERSING DIABETES in 30 days.  LOL  Those are the title of two movies that I have watched a few times and it still amazes me that people all over military communities are still taking insulin shots as though there is NOTHING BETTER! The participants in the film did JUST THAT and much more. 


The amazingly powerful transformations that happen in other areas of your life are unexplainable to those that do not understand, and impossible to those that will not understand!

It still brings a chuckle to my throat when a addicted smoker with that smell lingering all around them and bad skin and unhealthy children says to me (in that scratchy smokers voice) "Wha, what in the world are you drinking??  That it cannot possibly be healthy to drink distilled water.  "What do you wanna do...kill yourself with all this non scientific new age stuff?" (long drag on cigarette then 2 minutes of coughing)

on a different day ~

(with a cigarette between the fingers unlit)  What??!!! You're fasting!!??? Like, not eating??!!!  WTH!!??  That can NOT BE SAFE!  What are you bulimic or something.  You could go see somebody in MFLC about that because it just cannot be good for your body at all..Their 2 year old twins just got tubes in their ears for the second time.  (using bronchial inhaler (shoot-shoot) - coughing up phlegm and a little blood (looks like) spitting and cussing about it ~ then lighting and taking a drag or 2 off the cigarette again).


Yes, this happens more often than I can say.



If there was a way I could get the Combined commands in the Stuttgart Military Community to take notice and make a difference.  I'd let them know sustainable energy and saving a million dollars here and there on recycling and energy conservation is good and all but they ARE KILLING US, our families and our children with the fast (barely food) that we are forced to face daily.  They give us no options other than fat, more fat and less food quality.  And I'm sorry eating a Sandwich and just leaving the meat off is not a viable solution..nor is a salad bar with a dressing that is 37% fat and added unpronounceable things that GOK - (god only knows).


My truth is - as for others on the path to life ~ unfortunately If I don't make it myself, I can't eat it most times.  My government and it's support organizations do not feed me in the FOOD COURT, cannot offer me sustenance in the base or post clubs/restaurants nor offer me dietary refuge in the fun and family centers,(bowling alley, theaters and so on).  Eating in the dining facilities is also truly next to impossible. When I do make a decision to have something out of my Raw, Vegetarian, Whole or Vegan family...It reminds me too well again that as I am pledged (sworn) to defend the Constitution of the United States...they have never pledged or sworn to do that or anything close to it for my nutritional health.  It's okay to die for your country in war and because of your countries contracting policies in their eating establishments?

I choose to self care.  I choose life.  I choose live food and I choose to live.  I don't want to be pasteurized, processed and denatured.  I want the options to have a dining facility that does not have all foods drowned in butter, milk based sauces, fried, battered and petrified.  I want it whole, fresh, and in a state as close to natural as possible.


I want REAL FOOD.  Not fake food by products.  If I could make a stand and initiate a difference I would like a Command wide proclamation...That we would have a DAY of RAW~wakening.

Where we could be the FIRST to change the food courts, dining facilities and school eating programs in such a way that it says to other military communities WORLDWIDE that you can have the best military in the world but if they are plagued with injuries, illness, sickness and disease.  What's the point?  Our militaries spend more money and time on the sick troops and do next to nothing to bolster (in deed) the WELLNESS of the well ones like me and others that NEVER get ill, never suffer overuse injuries, dont have high cholesterol or high blood pressure, arthritis, diabetes, chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia or any number of things clearly documented and classified as LIFESTYLE disturbances in the body.  The types of things you get due to your lifestyle.  Your eating habit, your face hole filling pastime.


Let's R~awaken to a different way.  A day in the RAW!

My co-worker calls me the "Health Witch".  We laugh about it all the time and he asks for and STILL eats all the foods I prepare because they are REAL, FRESH, NUTRITIOUS, SUSTAINABLE, DELICIOUS, yet TANTALIZING to the taste buds, APPEALING to the eye and ENTICING to the nose.

So, check out the recipes on these blogs, get a HP blender and make your own baby food, make your own soups, your own ice cream without milk, cream, sugar or preservatives.  Blend up a fruit, veggie or fruit & veggie smoothie.  your children don't have to be sick, overweight or attention deficit.  Make them vibrant, nutrient rich and abundantly well with LIVE, RAW, WHOLE foods and snacks.

Yes, you can have chocolate, brownies, tacos, lasagne, ice dreams and more.  Life in the RAW is no longer out of your reach.

Make a choice, Make a change.

I am Chef Vee ~ I am RAWsome ~ and I am also.  .  .  The "HEALTH WITCH" OF AFRICOM!!   LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment