About Me

My photo
I live on purpose. Meaning, I have a purposeful life. Nearly 28 years in every branch of the United States Army. Successful business owner, Avid student, Insightful teacher, Staunch Advocate, Fierce competitor and overall Social butterfly. I am a full-time teacher and student, I give as good as I get while continually evolving into what I will actually be known and remembered for once I no longer grace the visible plane. Learning vicariously through the actions of others has served me well, and helped me to get immersed in a vast arena of pursuits over the years. I cherish my internal solitude, while nourishing my social butterfly nature. I simply. . . AM! As said by Yoda. . . Do, or do not do. There is no try. So, Eat live to live well, sing like you're in the shower, dance like no ones watching, love like you've never been hurt and eat the rainbow without counting calories.

Monday, March 7, 2011

TO EAT, or WHAT TO EAT, That is the question

WHAT TO EAT:  Eat what you can eat in its natural state.  EVERY CREATURE on the planet eats the designated food for their species in it's natural state.  All but humans.  So, just because you can cook it, should you?  Is it BEST for your health?  Is it best for the planet?

Sharing Without Caring.  That phrase was in pieces in my head until I read those words in that order on a blog and a light went off inside my head (A-HA!)

That's it, I thought.  Share with them, the information to save their lives and care less if they use it or not.

Share the gift of health, of ease, of simplicity.  Share the secret of healthy children, a lifetime free of cavities, no ear infections, few if any bouts with influenza and in a normal growth range without ADD/ADHD, or childhood obesity.

My kids (growing up) were normal in every way except health.  In that way they were exceptional.  Never an ear infection, cold or flu, showed up right in the middle of those charts of height and weight, never fat; never thin...For about 5 years of my youngest son's life my mom lived with my family and boy did my husband and kids ever make good use of that time.  My mom cooked.  She ACTUALLY prepared meals.  This is the way in which I was brought up.  You as a parent, as a mate prepared meals for your family. The purpose was to ensure time together as well as KNOW what they were eating (sometimes) and that it was nutritious.

TODAY, things are different.  As a parent or even as a human you see them everyday those kids that are just too big.  Experiencing difficulty walking, you can hear them breathing, just fat.  not Husky, (like they called them back when I was a kid).  There are no big bones...just excess fat wrapped around those poor bones.  As you look to the parents you see from where it comes.  8 year old kid eating a double meat burger at Burger King in the food court, mom or dad with the 5 piece from Popeyes, extra helping of fries and a Extra-Large sugary drink.

And there I stand with my Omni Blender, some fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds and almond mylk, offering samples of smoothies, trail mix and charoses.  As the parent says with an upturned nose, "Whats in it?"  He dont like vegetables, (i'm thinking...REALLY!!??)  I ask, is she/he allergic to anything?  She/he can taste the smoothie if they'd like.  Again the parent asks But, what's in it? (the child has the small cup in their hands tasting and says ummm this tastes good).  I smile to the child and again the mom, says "I want to know whats in it for me to know."  I say to the parent...pointedly...SHE LIKES IT!  SHE SAYS IT TASTES GOOD!  It's very nutritious and good for her AND she likes it. hint, hint.

Still totally blind and clueless the mother looks at me as I ignore her pleas for ingredients.  Then the child picks up the cup of apple charoses, I say to her, ooh, that's my favorite at breakfast, tastes like apple sauce..you will REALLY LIKE THAT.  the mom smells it and looks at me again and says whats in this?  So, to prove my point. I say, apples, carrots, zucchini, cabbage and cranberries.  The child immediately, puts the cup back down and says "Naw, I dont think I wanna try that one."  I look at the mother with sincere disappointment and say to her, see, thats why you NEVER do that.    

Sharing without caring.  It rolls off the tongue easy enough, but there is a point at which that 100lb 8 year old just breaks your heart and you know that you do care about what you share.  It does matter that the parent will continue to kill their kids with the type of love they know which is tied faithfully to processed, fast non-food type stuff.

So, I asked, What do you eat?  When and why do you eat it? 

WHAT:  I eat live and living foods.  Fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, berries and legumes.

WHEN:  when I am HUNGRY. 

WHERE:  just about anyplace, since it's all readily available and easily transportable.

WHY:  Because food is designed to nourish our bodies.  The vitamins, minerals, trace minerals and other elements that are in REAL foods are at the same vibrational rate as the human body and speak the right language to send what we need to the right places in our body.

Like attracts like.  Its natural to see a ripe beautiful piece of fruit on a bush or tree and want to eat it.  To pick it, feel it, smell it and then place it in your mouth checking its sweetness, its nectar.  Its not so natural to see a pig in a sty and want to bite its ear off or suckle on it's teet.  Not so natural to find a nest of any animal that nests and steal its eggs and poke a hole in it and suck the insides out right there on the spot.

See, Simple. Basic. Natural.

Raw or lightly steamed if you prefer...Fruit, vegetables, seeds, nuts, berries and legumes...That is the answer..

No comments:

Post a Comment