About Me

My photo
I live on purpose. Meaning, I have a purposeful life. Nearly 28 years in every branch of the United States Army. Successful business owner, Avid student, Insightful teacher, Staunch Advocate, Fierce competitor and overall Social butterfly. I am a full-time teacher and student, I give as good as I get while continually evolving into what I will actually be known and remembered for once I no longer grace the visible plane. Learning vicariously through the actions of others has served me well, and helped me to get immersed in a vast arena of pursuits over the years. I cherish my internal solitude, while nourishing my social butterfly nature. I simply. . . AM! As said by Yoda. . . Do, or do not do. There is no try. So, Eat live to live well, sing like you're in the shower, dance like no ones watching, love like you've never been hurt and eat the rainbow without counting calories.

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Have the Truth be told

Spinoza
Be not astonished at new ideas; for it is well known to you that a thing does not therefore cease to be true because it is not accepted by many. 

Herophilus
"When health is absent, wisdom cannot reveal itself, art cannot manifest, strength cannot fight, wealth becomes useless, and intelligence cannot be applied." 

Brian Dyson, CEO of Coca Cola Enterprises from 1959-1994
Imagine life as a game in which you are juggling five balls in the air. You name them - work, family, health, friends, and spirit - and you're keeping all of these in the air. You will soon understand that work is a rubber ball. If you drop it, it will bounce back. But the other four balls - family, health, friends, and spirit are made of glass. If you drop one of these, they will be irrevocably scuffed, marked, nicked, damaged, or even shattered. They will never be the same. You must understand that and strive for balance in your life.

Albert Schweitzer
The future of civilization depends on our overcoming the meaninglessness and hopelessness that characterizes the thoughts of men today.

Ralph Ellison
When I discover who I am, I'll be free.

Alexander Graham Bell
When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us.

Arabian Proverb
He who has health has hope; and he who has hope has everything.

Albert Einstein
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Confucious
Three things cannot long be hidden the sun, the moon, and the truth.

Dogen
If you cannot find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?

I hope these were of some intuitive value to each and every one of you reading this..

I am Chef, Vee. Su'Rae
. . . and I am RAWsome

 

No comments:

Post a Comment